This extension let your Joomla site have URL shortening feature with Twitter integration (tweet only).
You can tweet whatever you want regardless if it is your site. You can lead your potential customers to a VirtueMart product detail page. You can tweet out the new blog page you just published with a 3rd party component.
Example tweet without this extension:
Finally JED approved my extension, Yay! http://t.co/abXcd
Example tweet with this extension:
Finally JED approved my extension, Yay! http://yourdomain.com/u/abCd3
This extension is not for you if you prefer your tweet to have many words. But if you want your tweet to have your domain, this extension can help you as a part of your marketing strategy.
- URL shortening
- Alternative domain for shortened URL
- Enabled to choose whether to provide URL shortening feature exclusively or not
- Enabled to tweet about a shortened URL from the result page powered by Like it? Tweet it! (see the screenshot)
- API support (Shortened URL is provided as JSON (e.g. your application can use this extension to generate a shortened URL)
- Enabled to tweet directly from the result page
- Tweet page with URL shortener box
- Joomla 1.5.X with jQuery extension (jQuery is required if you use Like it? Tweet it! feature)
- PHP 5.2.X or later
- Web Server using Apache with mod_rewrite
- Ability to edit .htaccess file
- Your Joomla site is not using the sub directory "u" (e.g http://ideas.forjoomla.net/u)